Development Analyst, Acquisitions
Development Analyst, Acquisitions
GTA Urban Division
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Mattamy is embarking on a journey to take our experience and leadership as a “community builder” to the next level. This role will be instrumental in helping advance our growing GTA Urban division in creating the next generation of mixed-use urban communities.
Mattamy is currently seeking a Development Analyst, Acquisitions to join our GTA Urban division. This role is integral to the evaluation of Mattamy’s real estate investment opportunities, focusing on high-rise/mid-rise condo neighbourhoods. Reporting to the Director, Acquisitions & Development, the analyst will assist the GTA Urban team in creating and modifying complex financial pro forma models for mixed-use development projects (including scenarios analysis), performing market research, and verifying development & financial assumptions. This role will involve substantial collaboration and exposure to multiple functional groups within our organization and will be key to the collection and distillation of insights and information to support investment decisions.
- Perform financial pro forma modeling to help to inform investment decisions
- Conduct residential market research by gathering, evaluating and tracking industry information
- Preparation of packages and management reports that will advise our executives of project specific acquisitions, including investment committee memos
- Partake in the underwriting and due diligence process, including the review and analysis of legal agreements and other development related documents related to potential investments
- Coordinate the gathering of materials and assist the drafting of LOIs, APSs, RFQ/RFP submissions, and management reports
- Support in the development of presentations and collateral materials necessary for securing acquisitions
What You Bring
- Recent undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a similar related subject
- 1 to 2 years of experience in areas related to real estate development, investment, or finance; investment banking; management consulting or similar (can be a combination of internships, co-ops, and post-graduation experience)
- Keen interest, aptitude, and superior expertise in Excel is a must
- Prior experience modeling complex levered cash flows, partnership arrangements, scenario analysis, etc. as well as an intuitive understanding of “time value of money” metrics is required.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for real estate in general and residential development in particular
- Working towards obtaining related professional designations such as CFA is an asset
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent numerical aptitude as well as demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to apply judgment, strategic thinking, and forward planning
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Must demonstrates high level of ethics and personal integrity
We encourage applicants to apply if they meet many, if not all, of the above qualifications.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2017)
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.