Health and Safety Representative
Mattamy Homes Canada
Construction – Site, GTA Low Rise Division
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
In keeping with Mattamy’s Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience and adhering to industry best practices and policies, the Health & Safety Representative promotes and maintains a safe, and legally compliant construction site within our communities through diligent communication, application, and management of Mattamy’s corporate Health and Safety Protocols, SAFE Operating Procedures and Safety programs pertinent to its communities under construction.
What you’ll do
- Assist in the implementation of Mattamy Health and Safety Protocols, SAFE Operating Procedures and Safety programs
- Responsible to regularly conduct on-site inspections, assess risks and compliance on site.
- Reviews deficiencies with Senior Builder and, proactively implement corrective measures to reduce risk.
- Ensure staff safety training is up to date and orientate new employees and Trade Partners on site.
- Lead incident investigations and complete related documentation.
- Maintains all site safety related documents and processes paperwork necessary such as incident reports, meeting minutes, inspections etc.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of pertinent provincial and local statutes, regulations, by-laws, and standards.
- Monitors compliance to company standards and applicable legislation. Advises management in areas of non-compliance and makes recommendations (or, where appropriate, directs action) for improvements to current work practices, systems, policies, and procedures.
- May be required to complete general labourer tasks related to site safety such as, but not limited to, collecting, and disposing of debris; building guard rails; and installing signage.
What you bring
- Experience in residential building or related construction industry.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills with accuracy in details.
- Possess organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, prioritize own work, and balance multiple demands, conflicting priorities, pressures and deadlines.
- A team player, who values communication and can operate effectively with peers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong decision-making skills, you possess the ability to display mature, objective judgment in difficult or unusual situations through tactful direct personal action or referral to the appropriate individual.
- Proactive and resourceful, with a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn.
- Possess strong existing computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Proficiency in using digital H&S Tracking tools.
- OHS Provincial Certification (or in the process of obtaining) is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with investigating, interviewing, documenting, and reporting incidents and accidents in a health & safety context is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and French considered an asset.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.