Warranty Service Manager
Mattamy Homes (Canada)
Senior Warranty Manager
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
As the Warranty Service Manager in our Calgary Division, you are responsible for the daily operations of the Warranty Service Department to ensure that homeowner service requests are fulfilled while always providing The Best Homeowner Experience.
- Manage the completion of warranty service work, while adhering to budget, which includes:
- Collect, review, and schedule 30 day and year-end Warranty Service requests.
- Respond to and provide immediate resolution to deficiencies, including mediation, arbitration, conciliation inspections, and reports.
- Review repairs completed by Warranty Service Technicians for quality of work and completion as per schedule and provide on-going support and guidance.
- Ensure trades are scheduled appropriately and expedite work in order to adhere to Warranty Service timelines and guidelines.
- Manage the Pre-delivery Orientation (PDO) and Quality Assurance (QA) processes.
- Work closely with Site Manager and Trade Partners and regularly communicate with the Construction team to report repetitive deficiencies and homeowner concerns.
- Manage Warranty Service employees through ongoing performance management, development, coaching, and attracting and retaining strong performers.
- Responsible to create and maintain relationships with homeowners.
- Manage emergency service requests after closing, including emergency support for the Model Homes and Sales Offices.
- Participate in Mattamy community events and play an active role in Mattamy University sessions.
What You Bring
- College diploma or a combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Five years of experience in a customer service or construction role.
- Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall and painting experience required.
- Previous management experience with demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff.
- General knowledge and familiarity with terms of trade contracts.
- Customer serviced focused with the ability to resolve problems effectively.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage variable workloads.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well both in a team and independently.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
Be Yourself. We want it that way! At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies
Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.