Purchasing Department, Greater Toronto Area Low Rise Division
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Under the direction of the Contracts Manager, the Estimator provides quantity and cost estimating, data entry and purchasing services in adherence with generally accepted home building principles and Mattamy standards. Also provides support to the Design Studio by carrying out pricing of pre-planned options and extras, addressing day-to-day concerns of site and office staff related to items in the Design Studio, inputting model specific book codes in the JD Edwards and/or REMS database and carrying out maintenance of the database as directed. This involves performing various independent tasks as well as assisting the Contracts Manager and working to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
- Adhere to division-wide Purchasing requirements related to information required for entry into BuildPro and JD Edwards systems, and act as a key gatekeeper to ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to such.
- Coordination of tender process including documentation, pricing and follow ups for incomplete submissions
- Manage Trade Portal Website to ensure proper access to documents and to ensure coherent record keeping
- Review drawings for consistency between architecture, sales & marketing information; ensure conformance with JDE system requirements
- Assist in PPO & Site/Lot Specific cost build ups.
- Support the Design Studio, as required, in updating, maintaining, and sourcing out new products.
- Maintain and update the Design Center Option Master database in JD Edwards as required under the direction of the team lead. Carry out product build-up (cost code assignment) templates with assistance as required for PPOs purchase orders
- Assist the Contracts Manager, as required, in analysis of cost comparison and differences in products and services
- Support the Contracts Manager with the Change Order process by soliciting updated pricing, manage applicable PO’s in JDE; address late changes and process as required
- Prepare area take-offs from working or design drawings for budget or tender purposes; assist in the peer-review work process.
- Assist in resolving trade and/or builder issues, as needed.
- Assist in resolving problems and concerns, providing clarity and assistance to trades and sites related to upgrades, options sold and scopes of work.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with subcontractors, construction staff and supervisors.
- Participate in site visits to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract.
- Assist in Managing lumber, including takeoffs.
- Distribution of plans to suppliers to have final lumber take-offs completed
- Provide forecasting to manufacturers and trades when and where required.
- Revise take-offs to reflect actual amounts/usage as determined by site walkthroughs
- Ensure suppliers have the most current information including scopes, architectural drawings and all other required documents.
- Release Purchase Orders appropriately to meet construction schedule
What You Bring
- College Diploma in Estimating, Architectural Technology or Construction Project Management and/or relevant related practical experience.
- One to three years or more of progressive experience in the residential construction industry, including experience gained through education cooperative program placements.
- Conversant with the Ontario Building Code (Part 9)
- Experience with reading/checking architectural drawings in AutoCAD;
- Experience in lumber estimating preferred.
- Strong mathematical aptitude required
- Self-motivated, prioritizes tasks and works independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical ability required to accurately compare and contrast trade price quotations.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel). Competent in AutoCAD.
- Previous experience in JD Edwards would be preferred.
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and reports.
- Understanding of the processes of budgeting, tendering and construction.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2021 & 2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2021 & 2017)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Asset Management is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.