Construction Site Department, GTA Urban Division
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Mattamy is embarking on a journey to take our experience and leadership as a “community builder” to the next level. We have ambitious initiatives to expand and enhance our multi-family mid- and high-rise offerings in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Mattamy’s new GTA Urban Division includes the company’s current collection of 40 high-rise projects and all multi-family developments within its master-planned communities in the Greater Toronto market and has aggressive growth targets for both the 416 and 905 regions of the GTA. The division will be led by a dedicated, experienced team focused on both growing Mattamy’s urban footprint and implementing innovative community design.
The Superintendent oversees the timely construction of the building from excavation to warranty service request signoff while keeping to the budget and is responsible for producing zero defect suites through effective management of trades, inspectors, suppliers and staff, while upholding the Mattamy Way.
- Ensures complete adherence to Mattamy Urban Construction Processes, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Monitors & supervises all daily trade functions: timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work.
- Conducts site walkthroughs to ensure imperfections are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and Homebuyers Options and Extras are complied with
- Adheres to procedures as required by the trade Scopes of Work and Mattamy Quality Standards and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for supervising on-site construction staff, including the scheduling of subcontractors, inspectors and suppliers on the job.
- Assists in managing and determining staffing, material, and equipment needs.
- Is proactive and actively assists in problem solving when job site or construction issues occur (falling behind schedule, quality of work, etc.) while complying with policy, plans and specification.
- Oversees the approval process for subcontractor invoices ensuring quality and quantity before issuing Completion Slip.
- Reinforces, educates and communicates the importance of schedule adherence (and assists where trade availability is causing difficulty), unwavering focus on Mattamy mission, and safety and quality standards.
- Keeps staff both on site and in head office aware of activities and schedules through open communication to ensure smooth production operation.
- Schedules and attends all necessary municipal inspections. Assists Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required.
- Responsible for managing to the Production Schedule. Adds comments regarding site changes and improvements as necessary and communicates changes to Project Manager on an up to the minute basis.
- Continuously stays up to date with best practices and industry trends.
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws within positions scope of authority. Implements corrective action when necessary.
- Manages maintenance of job site ensuring it is safe, clean and aesthetically appealing while under construction.
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned.
What You Bring
- A minimum of 5+ years of multi-family residential construction management experience.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Construction Engineering Technology, Architecture) or equivalent experience, as asset
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other health and safety regulations.
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all trades, staff responsibilities, scheduling and scopes of work.
- Flexible, with the ability to work at locations across the division.
- Strong organizational skills, including the tracking and control of costs, budgets and schedule.
- Must be detailed and thorough.
- Ability to train and mentor staff through advanced leadership skills with the ability to delegate as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results including communicating issues as they arise.
- Skills in building relationships with a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers and a strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of MS Office software, including MS Project an asset.
- Valid Class G driver’s license with the ability to travel as required to various job sites.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2021 & 2020)
Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2020 & 2019)
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019)
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2021 & 2017)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.