Environmental Engineer - Agg/Mining Operations | San Antonio, TX
Working as a strategic partner with production staff, provide skilled services to achieve desired environmental management priorities for your Division quarries and sand plants. Responsibilities include but are not limited to local, state and federal permitting and reporting, environmental plan development (SWPPP, SPCC, etc.), employee training, regulatory and corporate policy compliance, audits and inspections of sites. Additional duties include: ongoing improvement related to air/water/land quality, wetlands, floodplains, water appropriation and associated environmental media; assist with mine planning and real estate management.
This position is based in San Antonio, TX
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mining Engineering, and Environmental Science, Geology or closely related discipline or equivalent experience required
- Prior experience with environmental compliance and aggregates industry preferred
- Strong background in air and water permitting, testing/sampling, recordkeeping, and reporting preferred
- Resourceful, able to quickly and effectively research topics and answer questions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills and leadership capabilities are critical
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills and experience developing solutions in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; AutoCAD and GIS experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills with ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced multimedia environment
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout designated regions/states (~20% overnight travel)
Time is split between office (indoor) setting and outside setting. Will require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry and dusty. Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled