Maintenance Mechanic/Welder - Portable
Plant Mechanic/Welder position for the Industrial Solutions group is responsible for preventative maintenance, repair of portable plant assets. This position performs various roles to include removal/replacement/repair of all plant equipment, fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping and various other shop or processing duties. Limited travel for mobilization/demobilization/repairs/support of plants throughout Texas region including bordering states required.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures as per Martin Marietta culture.
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems following specifications, blue prints and manuals.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunctions.
- Communicates timely and effectively with production supervisor regarding major problems.
- Performs data entry on all services performed for JDE entries, work orders, and special projects.
- May operate mobile equipment (loader/man lift/scissor lifts, tele-handlers etc.).
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record/inspection on service vehicle to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Services pumps/motors as needed.
- Repairs/replaces wear items as required.
- Perform welding, repair and fabrication.
- Maintains parts inventory.
- May make service calls at other plants as needed.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedure required during certain procedures.
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Performs general clean-up of work area.
- Must have knowledge of plant maintenance and welding.
- Must have knowledge of concrete plant operation, pumps, material handling equipment and all related major systems in order to trouble shoot or anticipate system problems.
- Must be able to read blue prints and mechanical diagrams.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- People leadership skills and ability to follow direction and lead by example.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment.
- Must have a Safe driving record.
- Some travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled