Maintenance Mechanic I - NTRM
Works with the plant maintenance team to provide maintenance, repair, or installation services for plants.
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems following specifications, blue prints and manuals
- Performs daily inspection of machinery and equipment at the plant
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunctions
- Communicates timely and effectively with Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to keep them informed about major problems.
- Performs data entry on all services performed
- May operate mobile equipment
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on service vehicle to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed
- Services pumps/motors as needed
- Repairs/replaces wear items as required
- Perform welding, repair and fabrication
- Maintains parts inventory
- May make service calls at other plants as needed
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedure required during certain procedures
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed
- Performs general clean-up of work area
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of plant maintenance and welding
- Must have knowledge of crushing, screening, pumps, material handling equipment and all related major systems in order to trouble shoot or anticipate system problems
- Must be able to read blue prints and mechanical diagrams
- Read, write and communicate in English
- People leadership skills and ability to follow direction and lead by example
- Ability to teach
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands
- Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
- Ability to use vibration tools
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Ability to work in cramped quarters.
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 100 feet.
- Vision: Normal depth perception, vision and ability to distinguish color
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled