Electrician - Chico Quarry
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician uses various sophisticated tools to repair and maintain the electrical system and equipment related to the aggregate industry. This position consists of troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all aspects of plant operations and facility equipment, new equipment installations, good housekeeping, and maintaining established preventative maintenance programs.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on existing electrical equipment
- Perform new electrical construction installations
- Operate or willing to learn how to operate mobile equipment
- Lay out, constructs, assembles, installs, inspects, maintains, repairs, modifies, troubleshoots and tests any/all types of electrical systems and equipment using schematics, sketches, manufactures instructions and verbal instructions
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor/Electrical Crew chief regarding major equipment problems
- Practice safe work habits. Follows all company safety protocols and hazard recognition activities. Follow proper lock out tag out procedures as required. Completes all MSHA required training as required and correct any unsafe conditions as necessary
- Responds to calls from supervisors or operators to repair equipment as needed
- Participates in daily meetings and reports identified electrical issues
- Installing/rebuilding various production or plant support electrical equipment as needed
- Analyze and report preventative electrical maintenance needs and requirements
- Takes the lead and initiates resolution of technical, unusual or complex problems or issues
- Interact with employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Experience in construction and maintenance of manufacturing industrial electrical equipment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified Electrician (Preferred)
- Familiar with MSHA safety standards and electrical code requirements
- Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to read and work from schematic diagrams and sketches with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and repair of three-phase/single-phase/4160V motor controls, operating panels, PLC’s and its ladder logic, plant power distribution, lighting, and system process systems.
- Must be able to use multi-meter, megohmmeter and other test equipment
- Must be able to calibrate field devices, i.e. scales, metal detectors, field sensors, etc.
- Be able to prepare written reports and communicate well in English
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.).
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment with noise levels reaching 110dbs. For up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work in conditions which include heights, mechanical & electrical hazards and dust.
- Walking, climbing stairs and occasional ladders, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this position
- Must be able to lift and carry parts weighing up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects over head.
- Must be able to carry, climb, and work from heights up to 120 feet.
- Must be able to kneel and crawl in low headroom areas
- Ability to wear tool pouch filled with basic tools for up to 10 hours
- Must be able to understand and speak clearly over portable radios
- Must be able to manually dig or clean out trenches using shovels, picks and. jackhammers.
- Must be able to operate forklift, pickup, man-lift, scissor-lift.
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals for mobile equipment operated.
Work is typically completed outside in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs...and many more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled