This position is responsible for safely and efficiently performing cross-functional duties in plant maintenance, production, and equipment operation. The utility person is responsible for greasing and lubricating plant equipment, maintaining plant housekeeping, operating equipment and performing routine maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance on mobile and plant equipment, including cutting and welding under the guidance of the plant manager or other designated personnel
- Performs daily pre/post-shift inspections on equipment and maintains maintenance log
- Uses a hand shovel and operates a skid steer, front end loader, and other tools to clean around plant equipment and to maintain roadways and parking areas
- Operates a water truck to limit airborne dust
- Participates in plant operations including production, loading and shipping, and quality control
- Maintains good housekeeping in areas of responsibility and safe traffic flow throughout the site
- Operates plant-specific mobile equipment such as excavators and haul trucks in a safe manner as needed
- Aides in the training of co-workers as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, and motivated
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Willing to cross-train in different areas of production
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience to perform the responsibilities associated with this position
- Experience in the building materials industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work cooperatively with others toward a shared goal, contribute actively to the team efforts, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Possess effective coordination and communication skills
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge and skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to work varying shifts as needed, outdoors, in varying weather conditions
- Able to adhere to MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations
- Able to ensure a safe work environment by prioritizing safety, then quality, followed by production
About Martin Marietta
Martin Marietta is an American-based company and a leading supplier of building materials - including aggregates, cement, ready mixed concrete and asphalt.
At Martin Marietta, safety is first in everything we do. It is our primary company value. Safety is vital to our culture and a shared responsibility.
Engaging Our People
We are committed to supporting and investing in our employees, and to providing programs and resources that enrich the personal and professional quality of their lives.
We are dedicated to doing business the right way. Our employees hold themselves, and each other, to the utmost standard of integrity. Our business ethics allow us to maintain our strong commitment to honesty, integrity and accountability.
Building a career/ Building a community
At Martin Marietta we want you to find a lifelong career and build a sense of community where shared values and mutual respect drives our vision for a better workplace.
Health/welfare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision programs, prescription drug coverage, plus much more.
Preparing our employees for the Future: 401(k) with company match and contribution. In addition, we offer a pension plan funded solely by the company to assist with your retirement needs.
Work/life balance and employee wellness: Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled