Plant Maintenance/Mechanic - Mill Creek Granite - $2000 Sign On Bonus!
Plant maintenance/mechanic position is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of aggregate plant processing equipment including but not limited to stationary machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, shakers, pumps, gearboxes, etc. As a plant maintenance/mechanic you may perform various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping and various other shop or processing duties.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by Production
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas
- Operates cranes, manlifts, hoists pneumatic, hand tools, power tools, cutting torches, welding equipment, and other specialty service equipment as needed
- Maximizes performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment and repair to processing equipment and mobile equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring backlog process is completed and prioritized with Plant Manager.
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and to run the plant according to Martin Marietta Materials standards
- Duties may include checking, repairing or replacing pumps.
- Inspects and ensures maintenance truck is being maintained properly
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance services, lubrications services are completed according to Maintenance Module.
- Trains and coaches other employees on maintenance practices
- Minimum 1 to 3 years+ experience related to heavy duty maintenance job or equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably in aggregates industry
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner
- Ability to read and write and communicate effectively
- Must be able to communicate over two-way radio or with hand signals and warning sounds, with coworkers regarding movement of vehicles and mobile equipment
- Self-starter with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong mechanical knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency with oxy/acetylene torch and stick welding, MIG a plus
- Must be able to identify and order basic parts (bearings, idlers, screens, pulleys)
- Must be able to field lay out and fabricate in steel
- Must be able to work 8-12 hour(+) shifts, weekends, overtime, and holidays as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant equipment
- Proficiency with a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Ability to work in outdoor environment and in elevated areas
- Climb up to 60 feet above ground on ladders and catwalks
- Walk/stand on uneven ground throughout the work day
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, kneel and climb ladders/stairs to inspect facilities and to observe/perform work activities throughout the work day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must possess good dexterity and hand/eye coordination for use of various hand tools
- Able to reason through difficult operations problems, resolve said problems and/or relate same to others
- Capability of working for long periods of time in extreme heat and in dusty areas, confined spaces and heights
- Ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses or goggles, steel-toed boots, hearing protection, safety reflective vest, full body harness, welding hood
- Ability to work at heights (up to 350’)
Must be able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, and rain). Must be able to work in conditions including the following: odors, dust, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, hazardous chemicals, and non-hazardous materials. For this job, the nature of these hazards cannot be controlled due to the job environment and job procedures. In this case, the type of safety equipment required is: company issued headgear, gloves, earplugs, steel-toed shoes or boots, safety glasses, respirators, lock-out.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs...and many more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled