Loader Operator: Floater, Various Locations
Responsible for safely and efficiently operating a Yard Loader in several locations. Daily pre and post inspection of working area safely maintaining work areas with adequate berms and roadways. Follow correct loading practices. Maintaining quality of product stockpiles. Safe work around conveyors and surge piles at all times. Maintain safe working speeds and promote leadership of truck drivers. Assist in maintenance of loader and preforming daily preventative maintenance on loader. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor; participate in safety inspections and plant safety program.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION.
- Competent in operating 980K/980H CAT and WA500 Komatsu
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance - tire pressure, oil, grease, diesel fuel, hoses for leaks and all moving parts for proper function
- Assist with training of co-workers as needed
- Daily Pre and Post Inspections of work area
- Safe Loading and dumping operations around conveyors and surge piles
- Maintain Adequate roadways
- Proper quality control for product stockpiles
- Maintain safe traffic flow on yard
- Must be willing to train on Weighmaster tasks and Seltec System
- Participates in other tasks required by supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Must be able to perform basic computer task (MS Excel/Outlook)
- Must be customer service oriented and professional
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Must be able to use hand tools and grease gun to perform all phases of loader maintenance.
- Six months of experience in operation and maintenance of a front end loader.
- Maintain leadership in Yard Operations
- Must have hand-eye coordination and vision to safely operate mobile equipment
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots and hearing protection
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Willing and able to use shovel when required
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to work from elevated platforms
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective coordination and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understand team based management
- Mechanical knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled