Intern - Human Resources
The Human Resources Intern will experience learning the operations, sales, quality, finance, HR generalist, and Talent Acquisition Specialist position. The intern will rotate through each of the areas to gain a full understanding of the business. The position will be based at the District Office in Overland Park, KS. Travel will be involved.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Learn the various functions (operations, sales, quality, and finance) that make up the day-to-day operations.
- Learn the division goals and activities for progress. This will include learning from various employees within operational excellence.
- Learn and apply the responsibilities of the HR Administrator. This will include setting up medical appointments and processing post-offer screening.
- Learn and apply the responsibilities of the Talent Acquisition Specialist. This will include learning the hiring process and hiring an hourly employee.
- Develop a strategy with social media to attract candidates for open positions.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Decision Making
- High Sense of Urgency
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
This position does not have direct reports.
This job operates 80% of the time in an office setting. 20% of the time will be traveling to company locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Occasional travel will be required. Out-of-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university with an interest in a career in Human Resources.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Not applicable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- PHR or (SHRM-CP) certification.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled