Summer Intern - Production
Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
About the Program:
The Martin Marietta Production Internship is an investment in you. It is our way of identifying and developing the very best people and it is your portal to a challenging and rewarding career. When you join our team, you bring to the table your unique talents along with shared values of excellence and integrity. Many of our most valuable company leaders began their careers as interns.
Reporting to a Plant Manager, the Production Intern will enter an approximately 10-week program to learn the Aggregates business and develop production and leadership skills. The goal of the Production Internship program is to provide individuals with hands-on experience in the Aggregates mining industry.
- Adheres to and enforces prescribed ethical, safety and environmental measures.
- Operates and maintains equipment throughout the plant, including but not limited to, crushers, screens, conveyors, and heavy off-road equipment.
- Assists in the blasting process, including laying out drill patterns and loading shots.
- Becomes familiar with the operations of an Aggregate Mine, understanding the complete production process.
- Becomes familiar with the traits of high-performing managers in Martin Marietta.
- Ensures all activities are performed in accordance with the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Values, and in compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and Code of Ethical Business Conduct
Qualifications and skills:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Construction Management, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Prior full-time experience is not required.
- Must possess the ability to learn technical processes, high-level verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled