The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. This person is expected to work with little or no supervision while performing maintenance on equipment necessary for the manufacturing of cement. This position will split their time between the maintenance tech day shift position as well as provide relief to the shift maintenance position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the maintenance of heavy process machinery preferred.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to read & understand operations and maintenance manuals.
- Must be able to utilize various measuring devices (micrometers, square, level, etc.).
- Prefer experience with shielded arc welding & flame cutting.
- Must be able to read gauges & keep accurate records of operating procedures and maintenance history.
- Pass required physical examination and drug screens
- Knowledge of all types of equipment used in the manufacturing of cement is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems is helpful, but not required
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work days or nights as required during equipment outages.
- Inspect plant process machinery and provide recommendations for repair
- Install & repair plant process machinery and provide a detailed written description of work performed
- Operate equipment such as boom lifts, cranes, forklifts, and other related mobile equipment
- Provide scopes of work, parts requirements, and equipment requirements for repairs during both scheduled and unscheduled mill and kiln outages.
- Lift up to 35 pounds and push a wheelbarrow
- Ability to climb up to 50’ on ladders and catwalks and perform work
- Ability to work at heights up to 350’ above ground level
- Visual acuity, speech & hearing, hand & eye coordination
- Manual dexterity to operate equipment and use basic hand tools
- Must be able to use jackhammer, shovel, broom, and wheel barrow for up to 8 hours per day for various plant cleanup tasks
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this production labor position
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights. . May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS’s)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled