CDL Ready Mix Truck Driver - San Antonio, TX Area
Martin Marietta is looking for SAFE Ready Mix Drivers ready to start a new career with a LEADER in the industry and WORLD CLASS team!
What we offer:
- LOAD BONUS opportunities paid weekly
- PTO Available as of DAY ONE
- Assured Pay - 24 Hours per week**
- Guaranteed to be home every day
- 401(k) plan with company match PLUS an Employee Pension plan
- Full Medical, Health & Wellness Benefits start on FIRST DAY
Operate Ready Mix/Concrete Truck in a safe and efficient manner adhering to Martin Marietta and Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Assist maintenance with repairs as needed.
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer.
- Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals.
- Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
- Maintain good customer relations. Act in a professional, courteous manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Possess a Class A or B Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), or better.
- One-year experience operating tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion and extension 60°, lateral flexion 40° and rotation 70°)
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
- Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to use vibration tools.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet.
- All time is spent in an outside setting that may require various periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc. Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, and Monday thru Saturday schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled