Field Shop Mechanic
Martin Marietta is currently looking for motivated individuals to join our Alden Maintenance Crew. This person would be responsible for performing mechanical repairs on diesel powered equipment to include trouble shooting and repairs of heavy equipment, rebuilds, removal and installation of mechanical parts, and preventative maintenance on all types of diesel-powered equipment. Lubricate and change oils and filters as needed. This position is based in Alden Iowa and will support surrounding sites as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Experience with CAT, Komatsu, John Deere & Volvo quarry/construction equipment/ diesel engine repairs preferred
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and repair
- Ability to work well with and communicate with others
- Minimum 40 hours a week year-round
- Overtime hours available as needed
- Have ability to document work and materials used.
- Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain one
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- MUST be able to pass a commercial driver medical examination, drug screen and background check
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required, additional schooling is a plus
This is a full-time position that may require long hours and weekend work. This job will require travel to multiple sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled