Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently repairing and maintaining plant industrial equipment and machinery. The maintenance mechanic position is responsible for repairing and maintaining stationary machinery, mobile equipment, and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, shakers, pumps, gearboxes, etc. This position is also responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of aggregate plant processing equipment and repair of mobile equipment. 2nd shift is 4pm-3am.
- Performs various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping and various other shop or processing duties
- Maximizes performance of equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Performs simple and intermediate type diagnosis/repairs without constant supervision
- Utilizes electrical and pressure testing equipment within the company guidelines and safety standards
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and to run the plant according to Martin Marietta Materials standards
- Performs erection of processing equipment and makes repairs to processing equipment and mobile equipment
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work area
- Operates other equipment such as loaders and haul trucks in a safe manner as needed
- Aides in the training of co-workers as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, and motivated
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Willing to cross-train in different areas of production
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience to perform the responsibilities associated with this position
- One (1) year of experience in welding and maintenance
- Experience in welding and maintenance in the mining industry preferred
- Possession of a welding certification a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work cooperatively with others toward a shared goal, contribute actively to the team efforts, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Possess effective coordination and communication skills
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge and skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to work varying shifts as needed, outdoors, in varying weather conditions, and elevated areas
- Able to weld, cut, and perform minor fabrication on plant equipment and machinery
- Able to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant equipment
- Able to work on an elevated work surface
- Able to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Able to adhere to MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations
- Able to ensure a safe work environment by prioritizing safety, then quality, followed by production
About Martin Marietta
Martin Marietta is an American-based company and a leading supplier of building materials - including aggregates, cement, ready mixed concrete and asphalt.
At Martin Marietta, safety is first in everything we do. It is our primary company value. Safety is vital to our culture and a shared responsibility.
Engaging Our People
We are committed to supporting and investing in our employees, and to providing programs and resources that enrich the personal and professional quality of their lives.
We are dedicated to doing business the right way. Our employees hold themselves, and each other, to the utmost standard of integrity. Our business ethics allow us to maintain our strong commitment to honesty, integrity and accountability.
Building a career/ Building a community
At Martin Marietta we want you to find a lifelong career and build a sense of community where shared values and mutual respect drives our vision for a better workplace.
Health/welfare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision programs, prescription drug coverage, plus much more.
Preparing our employees for the Future: 401(k) with company match and contribution. In addition, we offer a pension plan funded solely by the company to assist with your retirement needs.
Work/life balance and employee wellness: Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled