Maintenance Welder 2nd shift
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently repairing and maintaining plant industrial equipment and machinery. The maintenance welder will be responsible for repairs and maintenance of equipment to include conveyor systems, shakers, gearboxes, fixed plant equipment, and other mobile equipment as necessary. Hours are 2 pm - 12 am including weekends as necessary.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains all plant equipment often in out of position welding
- Maximizes performance of equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment and repairs to processing equipment and mobile equipment
- Completes daily pre and post inspection of working area
- Operates other equipment such as loaders and haul trucks in a safe manner as needed
- Aides in the training of co-workers as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, and motivated
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Willing to cross-train in different areas of production
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience to perform the responsibilities associated with this position
- One (1) year of experience in welding and maintenance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work cooperatively with others toward a shared goal, contribute actively to the team efforts, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Possess effective coordination and communication skills
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge and skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to work varying shifts as needed, outdoors, in varying weather conditions, and elevated areas
- Proficient in maintenance welding
- Able to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Able to adhere to MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations
- Able to ensure a safe work environment by prioritizing safety, then quality, followed by production
About Martin Marietta
Martin Marietta is an American-based company and a leading supplier of building materials - including aggregates, cement, ready mixed concrete and asphalt.
At Martin Marietta, safety is first in everything we do. It is our primary company value. Safety is vital to our culture and a shared responsibility.
Engaging Our People
We are committed to supporting and investing in our employees, and to providing programs and resources that enrich the personal and professional quality of their lives.
We are dedicated to doing business the right way. Our employees hold themselves, and each other, to the utmost standard of integrity. Our business ethics allow us to maintain our strong commitment to honesty, integrity and accountability.
Building a career/ Building a community
At Martin Marietta we want you to find a lifelong career and build a sense of community where shared values and mutual respect drives our vision for a better workplace.
Health/welfare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision programs, prescription drug coverage, plus much more.
Preparing our employees for the Future: 401(k) with company match and contribution. In addition, we offer a pension plan funded solely by the company to assist with your retirement needs.
Work/life balance and employee wellness: Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled