Area Production Manager
Responsible for the overall daily operations of the Denver Metro Asphalt production facilities. This position requires a thorough understanding of the asphalt manufacturing process, plant repairs and maintenance. This position also requires operating within the plants annual budget, organizing, scheduling and managing all maintenance functions as well as management of the entire plant staff.
- Manage all aspects of multiple asphalt plant sites including safety, environmental, operations, maintenance, inventory management, performance, quality, financial performance, employee relations, and plant’s image and community relations.
- Hires, manages and supervises activities of hourly asphalt plant employees.
- Provide strong leadership, training, team building and supervision with an emphasis on safety and employee development.
- Works with Safety Department and Company officials to promote a safe work environment that meets all State and Federal rules and regulations
- Must have the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in supervising the hourly workforce.
- Develops and institutes employee recognition and motivation programs to recognize performance and increase employee satisfaction at the site
- Customer service oriented, direct point of contact with customers, project managers and field personnel.
- Interact with customers both internal and external in order to strengthen the business relationship and to ensure that expectations for quality and quantity of material are met.
- Work with internal sales team to grow external sales volumes while maintaining internal market share.
- Understand the value of quality and coordinate with the QC department to ensure processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers.
- Effectively utilizes KPIs, financial statements and operational reports to track performance, establish effective action plans and continuously improve the operations.
- Plans and schedules production requirements (people & equipment) to support daily, weekly and monthly sales forecast to meet customer’s needs
- Communicate with asphalt plants regarding asphalt types and quantities.
- Develop operational and capital plans for the plants to continuously improve productivity and efficiency.
- Participates in Operation’s short- and long-range business planning
- Manages the liquid asphalt supply agreements and supplier & delivery relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or business
- 10+ years of plant management experience in the asphalt industry
- Knowledge of all aspects of asphalt production and the types of products produced
- Thorough understanding of DOT and OSHA regulations; possess a strong personal commitment to safety
- Ability to make decision is a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete data and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Knowledge and understanding of business planning and financial forecasting requirements excellent problem-solving skills and practices
- Sets strong personal example and influences others to improve by using high energy and positive attitudes
- Establishes trust with team members, stating clear expectations and accountabilities. Recognizes group morale and acts to protect or build as necessary.
Compensation: $115,000+ depending on experience and qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled