The Audio-Visual Systems Administrator is responsible for maximizing the value of Martin Marietta’s investment in collaborative and audio-visual systems. The employee in this role will provide to Martin Marietta employees training and assistance in the use and use cases for the enterprise’s audio and video teleconferencing facilities. In addition, this employee will promote communication between employees who use this technology and technical teams in IS who design these solutions. The shared objective is to provide and support audio visual systems that are secure, stable, reliable, available, easy-to-use, well-documented and compatible with evolving standards for such systems. The successful candidate will be polished and articulate, and capable of communicating effectively with technical staff, administrative staff, and senior management. The responsibilities of this position will limit the incumbent’s opportunities to work remotely.
- Ensure that Martin Marietta’s presentation and audio-visual facilities, in conference rooms of various sizes, are capable of providing a reliable and effective audio and visual experience.
- Maintain awareness of evolving AV standards and utilities, and ensure that Martin Marietta’s facilities evolve accordingly.
- Coordinate and support meetings, including senior level meetings, in which smoothly functioning audio and visual teleconferencing capabilities are critical.
- Work with Martin Marietta’s Communications and Client Services team to deploy and support digital signage.
- Work with Martin Marietta’s partners, potential investors, and the media, often proactively, to ensure that Martin Marietta’s virtual collaboration, or anticipated collaboration, with these entities is reliable and of high quality.
- Participate in AV troubleshooting efforts, and make timely and reasonable decisions about if and when to escalate issues to other staff members or teams, the Network Administration team in particular.
- Participate in selection of AV technologies and products based on business needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with collaboration tools, particularly the conferencing capabilities of solutions including Zoom, Webex, and Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of enterprise class AV solutions such as those from Cisco, Extron, and Solstice.
- Basic working knowledge of foundational technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and of Microsoft Windows client operating systems.
- Knowledge of audio and video cabling standards and practices.
- Basic knowledge of acoustics and noise reduction technologies.
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in stressful situations.
- Ability to discuss collaboration technology with technical and non-technical staff members, including senior management.
- Ability to document the use of collaborative AV technologies, and train staff, including non-technical staff, in their use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / MIS or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using, documenting, and supporting collaborative AV technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled