Concrete Plant Maintenance Welder/Electrician
Works with the plant maintenance team to provide maintenance, repair, or installation services for RM Portable plants. As a plant maintenance/mechanic you may perform various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, electrical work, housekeeping and various other shop or processing duties.
- Prioritizes SAFETY, THEN QUALITY, followed by Production
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems following specifications, blue prints and manuals.
- PLC Controls and Electrical experience (certification preferred).
- Experience with Ready Mix Portable Plants preferred.
- Performs daily inspection of machinery and equipment at the plant.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunctions.
- Communicates timely and effectively with Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to keep them informed about major problems.
- Performs data entry on all services performed.
- May operate mobile equipment (manlifts, front-end loader, etc.).
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on service vehicle to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Services pumps/motors as needed.
- Repairs/replaces wear items as required.
- Perform welding, repair and fabrication.
- Maintains parts inventory.
- May make service calls at other Martin Marietta plants as needed.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedure required during certain procedures.
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Performs general clean-up of work area.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must complete a step by step JSA before start of any safety sensitive task
- Must have Electrical Spark Certification
- Must be willing to be on call at any time plant is in operation
- Must have experience of trouble shooting problems on various types of concrete plants
- Must have knowledge of plant maintenance and welding.
- Must have knowledge of crushing, screening, pumps, material handling equipment and all related major systems in order to trouble shoot or anticipate system problems.
- Must be able to read blue prints and mechanical diagrams.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- People leadership skills and ability to follow direction and lead by example.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled