Under the supervision of the Electrical Supervisor, the primary function of the Electrical/Instrument Technician is to maintain, calibrate, perform trouble analysis, consult, research, and develop process control instrumentation for the purpose of obtaining optimum production efficiency.
- Must have an excellent safety record, and exhibit good safety behaviors.
- Good knowledge of industrial electrical systems including medium and high voltage equipment.
- 5 years industrial electrical experience desired.
- Ability to trouble shoot complex electrical and process problems
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams and schematics
- Installs, maintains, and repair starters, DC drives, AC drives, & VFDs
- Performs maintenance on both new and existing electrical equipment
- Ability to run conduit, pull wires, repair or replace lights and fixtures
- Perform ground and megger testing
- Ability to inspect, PM and repair motors
- Ability to provide clear and precise feedback on work done including repairs, PM and inspections
- Basic understanding of PLC’s
- Basic understanding of vibration analysis
- Provide leadership and assists in technical training
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Education and Experience
- 2 year technical degree in electrical or comparable experience preferred
- Certified / licensed Electrician preferred
- 5 years’ experience in aggregates or similar industry desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding vendor relations skills (internal and external contractors)
- Must be willing to be on call
- Working knowledge of high voltage electrical systems required
- Skilled in the use of hand tools, test instruments and electrical construction tools
- Experience with PLC’s a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled