Diesel Mechanic (Second Shift)
Perform preventative maintenance, repair, and fabrication of trucks, heavy and small mobile equipment. Including plant processing equipment as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Conducts major repairs of all types of equipment as required to ensure proper working condition; dismantle and reassemble/rebuild equipment; fabricate parts and equipment as required.
- Performs fabrication\welding and repair to processing and mobile equipment as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment; report to work on time as scheduled
- Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time.
- Performs annual inspections, evaluations and repairs. Maintains an accurate schedule and record of equipment and vehicle maintenance logs and reports.
- Can perform these duties in a shop or field environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English).
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits.
- Punctual and reliable; good attendance required.
- Must have valid Commercial Driver’s License. Class B minimum, Class A preferred. (or ability to obtain within 60 days of start)
- Minimum 5 years of heavy equipment and/or on-highway truck maintenance experience or related field that showcases skills with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Strong computer diagnostic skills.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions or in shop
- Able to perform these duties on our second shift assignment
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Willing to work overtime, weekends as needed
- Able to work from elevated platforms or confined spaces
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
- Able to supply and use own good working set of mechanics tools.
- First or Second Shift Supervisor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled