Heavy Equipment Operator
The Asphalt Paver Operator, Screed Operators and Dump Man supports paving and patching operations and supplies assistance in a variety of areas, including safety, organization/cleanliness.
- Ensures a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Responsible for adhering to the safety and overall daily operations of asphalt paving plan
- Shared accountability for quality, and efficiency
- This position requires a good understanding of the asphalt paving and placement
- Must be willing to operate various pieces of equipment. (pavers, rollers skid loader, etc.)
- Operates a variety of vehicles and heavy construction equipment
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on equipment; report defects and repairs to maintenance department
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and objects
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Good communication skills and a team player.
- Willing to work hours that are associated to the asphalt industry.
- Basic mathematical and computer skills.
- Must be able to meet minimum physical standard required by Martin Marietta Materials Inc.
- Able to work operate, all types of paving equipment.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Perform well in a “TEAM” environment
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Willing to work hours that are associated to the asphalt industry, including overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Valid driver license is required
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Minimum Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience operating equipment preferred (pavers, rollers, skid loaders etc.)
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
Physical Requirements & Conditions
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
Starting wages depend on knowledge, skills and experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled