This position will be responsible for performing preventative and emergency maintenance of repairs and maintaining concrete mixer and material delivery trucks, along with other vehicles and equipment related to industry. The employee will perform all work in a manner that complies with the safety policy and practices.
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
- Repairs and maintenance functions consist of the following:
- Will perform diesel and gasoline engine repairs.
- Will diagnose and perform power train component repairs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform hydraulic system repairs.
- Must have a complete knowledge of truck air brake systems with the ability to diagnose and repair problems.
- Ability to repair suspension and steering system.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems.
- Ability to perform specialized component repair such as hydraulic and mechanical drives.
- Ability to make minor repairs including welding and cutting.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA regulations and safety orders, including safety precautions on raised truck beds, brakes, mixer lockouts, etc.
- Will maintain good housekeeping with the ability to keep company records and complete work orders on equipment.
Will perform other duties and assignments as required.
This position will reside in Nipomo, CA.
- Prefer high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience repairing ready mix equipment or vocational training
- Commercial driver’s license (Class A or B) with tanker and doubles/triples endorsements preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV (no more than 1 point on record, no suspensions, failures to appear, etc.)
- Prior construction experience preferred
- Must be able to write legibly to complete work orders and other required paperwork
- Must be able to read and comprehend maintenance manuals
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75-100 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled