Central Command Center - Dispatcher/Scale Clerk Operator
This candidate will be responsible all aspects of customer order fulfillment including efficient and effective interactions with customers, trucking vendors, and remotely weighing and ticketing customer trucks while working in a cohesive team environment. This position reports to the Customer Service Leadperson.
- Issue weight and product tickets at the scale house
- Work with trucking vendors to schedule and direct trucks
- Communicate with truck drivers to determine destination and material transported.
- Work closely with others in the department to ensure accuracy of tickets and delivery orders
- Professionally accept incoming orders by telephone, email, and any other means and utilize internal systems to accurately process these orders.
- Understand customers’ needs and requirements
- Work cooperatively with sales audit, credit, sales and other internal departments
- Research problem tickets and properly document findings
- Convey any known customer needs and/or complaints with the appropriate people
- Determine load is within DOT weight regulations and issue delivery ticket.
- Weigh truck empty every 60 days as required by MM.Transmit daily transactions to Corporate Office.
- Ensure plant Site Specific Hazard Training has been conducted appropriately
- Responsible for market area truck dispatching and haul quotes.
- Provide internal and external customers with accurate and efficient sales quotes, order entry, price book management, customer price lists/letters and project estimating.
- Provide a high level of customer service that reflects on company values.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required.
- Safety Acumen
- Attention to Detail
- High Sense of Urgency
- Relationship Building
- Ethical Conduct
- Customer Service
- Communication (Oral and Written)
- Decision Making
- High Sense of Urgency
- Drive for Results
- Organizational Control
- Conflict Resolution
This position does not have direct reports.
This job operates 80-90% of the time in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, Sales Force and JD Edwards is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that regularly requires long hours and weekend work. This job incorporates seasonal lay off in annual scheduling.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Related field or equivalent work experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled