Ready Mix Driver
Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.Responsibilites
Operate Ready Mix truck in a safe and efficient manner adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Changes flat tires as needed.
- Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Assist maintenance with repairs as needed.
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer.
- Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals.
- Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
- Maintain good customer relations. Act in a professional, courteous manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Possess a Class B Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), or better. One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion and extension 60°, lateral flexion 40° and rotation 70°)
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
- Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to use vibration tools.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled