Business Analyst- HR/Payroll
The Business Analyst (BA) will work under the direction of the Business Applications Manager and will be part of the Enterprise Applications strategy and delivery excellence team. This individual will be a key liason with the business in the areas of HR, Benefits, Compensation and Payroll. The primary focus of this role will be to design, develop, deliver and support business solutions through understanding the current and future needs of the business partners. Based on a wide range of experience and industry research help, provide short and long term direction in the HR and Payroll area. Work with other team members and Analysts in other business functional areas within IS applications, such as Sales and Distribution, Finance, Procurement, and infrastructure, to support the successful deployment of the solution.
The Business Analyst (BA) will be required to assist and provide quality and solid system designs and solutions to solve various business requirements. To be successful, he or she must have proven experience managing deliverable or managing small work streams within the projects through the entire project lifecycle. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management. The BA should be able to deliver effective presentations, solution walk-through to audiences of all sizes and possess excellent communication skills.
The role requires both broad and deep knowledge of the JDE system and the ability to build and support solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable application solutions. The BA will engage in senior level business decision maker discussions related to business value and business processes. He or she has a passion for the business which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the business experience.
- Provide hands on functional support to all HR, Benefits and Payroll functions in JDE, ADP, Kronos and other supporting systems
- Provide integration support between HR systems on the cloud, such as icims, PeopleDoc and PeopleFluent and the onpremise JDE HR system
- You will take the role of a consultant during the early phases of the solution, in terms of scoping the project, gathering requirements and working with the team to put together a solutions document
- You will be the key individual who understands the solution and the domain/ industry well. You also need to be the subject matter expert in understanding the customer's requirements and is able to suggest alternatives to better the solution and alleviate the challenge/ issue being addressed
- You will need to be a leader who can efficiently lead a team of consultants and developers and effectively work with other business units in the company in the creation of the solution
- You should be able to work with the customer and help them envision the solution value, and effectively communicate how it will benefit them in the longer term
- Manage, scope and deliver support solutions to HR, Benefits, Payroll and other areas of responsibility
- Manage, scope and deliver enhancements coming through the helpdesk ticketing system, prioritized and approved by stakeholders
- Partner with other application team and technical team members on all critical system solutions
- Follow all Martin Marietta SDLC standard documentation for functional and technical designs, test plans and execution
Portfolio of Systems/Applications:
ERP - Jdedwards Enterprise One 9.1 & 9.2
External Systems – icims, PeopleDoc, PeopleFluent, ADP, Kronos
Tax – Vertex
External system interfaces (EDI/Interoperability)
OATS and UPK
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Expert knowledge of JDE E1 system configuration standards
- Experience in specifying and supporting Interfaces between external Legacy systems and JDE E1 applications
- Experience in developing detailed functional requirements for reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements as they relate to JDE E1 applications
- Strong understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle
- A self–starter able to handle multiple concurrent requests
- Solid business and JDE consulting background is required
- At least 5 years in JDE Packages consulting /support experience.
- At least 3 years of exposure to end to end HR, Benefits & Payroll Business processes
- At least 1-2 full lifecycle implementation of JDE HR, Compensations and Payroll, Vertex, EDI and interfaces
- Strong SQL experience (Oracle preferred) required to analyse the data and to do reporting
- Strong experience working with the external systems and entities such as ADP, Banks, etc.
- Experience with other JDE Modules (Finance & Tax) will be an asset
- Experience with Oracle UPK product and experience in OATS will be an asset
- Strong customer orientation – Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization to obtain, analyze, and discuss business requirements and technical solutions
- Excellent communication / presentation / verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to drive business discussions independently and act as trusted advisor
- Ability to work in an onsite-offshore team environment - sharing ideas and working collaboratively
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled