- Responsible for mine planning at Midlothian Quarry.
- Manage capital projects as they relate to mine development and planning at Midlothian.
- As part of the mine planning, execute core drilling or reverse circulation drilling program top delineate Midlothian deposit/reserves to allow effective modeling reserve on a chemistry basis.
- Develop and maintaining short- and long-term mining plans as needed.
- Ensures quality standards and drives technical excellence for mining aspects of the project.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly/monthly reports, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with MSHA, Company and QC/QA requirements.
- Maintains strong and effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs financial evaluations and cost analysis for operating and capital project justification.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve safety hazards.
- Provide onsite evaluation of existing process and equipment, including mine contractor management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferably in mine planning and/or geologic modeling
- Working knowledge of material handling systems, process design and crushing and conveyor equipment; knowledge of quality control in mine production a plus
- Project management and installation experience
- Field surveying knowledge and skills; experience in mine planning utilizing the Carlson Mining software
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; good planning skills
- Strategic thinking and planning ability
- Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent report writing
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and AutoCAD;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a people person, team player and willing to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Working knowledge of design and drafting using CAD.
- Self-motivator and able to work without supervision.
- Possess a professional manner and communicate and relate to different personalities under stressful situations with time pressures.
- Ability to physically travel to job sites and work on and around mine site.
- Ability to work on uneven terrain related with mine sites.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions including heat, cold, dust, noise, etc.
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Must possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
- Must have ability to bend, stoop, climb and reach around equipment.
Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to surface mine environment, limestone extraction, loading & haulage equipment, mechanical and electrical hazards. May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS’s)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled