Works with the plant maintenance team to provide maintenance, repair, or installation services for ready mix and portable plants.
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems following specifications, blue prints and manuals.
- Performs daily inspection of machinery and equipment at the plant.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunctions.
- Communicates timely and effectively with Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to keep them informed about major problems.
- Performs data entry on all services performed.
- May operate mobile equipment.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on service vehicle to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Services pumps/motors as needed.
- Repairs/replaces wear items as required.
- Perform welding, repair and fabrication.
- Maintains parts inventory.
- May make service calls at other Martin Marietta plants as needed.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedure required during certain procedures.
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Performs general clean-up of work area.
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have knowledge of plant maintenance and welding.
- Must have knowledge of crushing, screening, pumps, material handling equipment and all related major systems in order to trouble shoot or anticipate system problems.
- Must be able to read blue prints and mechanical diagrams.
- Must be willing to travel. 20 % of time worked is travel.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- People leadership skills and ability to follow direction and lead by example.
- Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled