Under the direction of the Assistant Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager oversees the day to day and long-term maintenance activities associated with preventative maintenance and repairs to all plant equipment.
- Responsible for the administration of the Corporate Safety policy which includes conducting monthly safety meetings, ensuring good housekeeping, preventing employee injuries, and providing a safe working environment.
- Overall responsibility for planning, staffing, and coordinating repairs of equipment in all areas of the plant.
- Manage and implement kiln and mill long-term, medium-term, and day to day maintenance plans.
- Management of machine shop activities and personnel.
- Responsible for managing the continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance and lubrication programs.
- Responsible for development, implementing, and controlling of maintenance budget.
- Responsible for development and training of maintenance personnel.
- Exercise independent decision-making and must be able to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Manage research of new technology and development of projects for plant upgrades.
- Manage personnel within the assigned departments to meet all job requirements and company/plant standards.
- Responsible for performance appraisals, salary administration, disciplinary actions, and other employee relation activities for assigned employees.
- Work to establish and maintain positive relationships with community and business leaders, regulatory personnel, and local citizens on behalf of the Company.
- Must be able to follow company policy manuals, equipment manuals, and be knowledgeable of MSHA and environmental regulations.
Education and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred or equivalent years of experience in the mining industry.
- Minimum of five (5) years technical and managerial experience in cement production.
- Excellent work ethic – high standard of performance and production.
- Exercise independent decision-making. Prioritize conflicting demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationships with all levels of management and staff, other plant work teams, and customers.
- Ability to direct, motivate, and coach activities of others.
- Ability to exercise sound judgments in problem solving.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, as well as ability to make formal presentations.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in the English language.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Ability to do first year college level math with metric or standard units and conversions.
- Pass required physical examination and drug screens.
- Basic computer and office equipment skills and experience required.
- Preferred knowledge of all types of equipment used in the manufacturing of cement.
- Preferred knowledge of electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations associated with the mining industry.
- Knowledge of hazards associated with areas of responsibility.
- Fundamental understanding of vibration analysis.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems required, Oracle preferred.
- Walk on all types of surfaces (uneven and/or slippery ground)
- Climb stairs and ladders as high as 350 feet in elevation
- Ability to walk long distances, climb ladders, stairs and stockpiles, stoop and crawl under and into enclosed spaces
- Visual acuity, speech & hearing, hand & eye coordination
- Manual dexterity to operate equipment and use basic hand tools
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this production labor position
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights. . May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS’s)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled