Assistant Plant Manager
Martin Marietta is currently looking for an Assistant Plant Manager to be responsible for assisting the Plant Manager and effectively manage day-to-day activities. Lead and manage all safety efforts at the plant as well as site planning, mine/pit development, quality control, and maintenance functions. Additional responsibilities include asset protection, financial evaluation, budgeting and cost control, regulatory compliance and community relations. Ensure compliance with company mandated safety and environmental policies, programs and guidelines, while providing strong leadership, training, team building and supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering (preferably Mining or Civil), Mining Technology or related discipline or equivalent experience required
- 5 years' aggregates industry experience including prior production management experience at a comparable size operation preferred
- Excellent interpersonal relations/communication skills and capable of developing and maintaining good relationships with company and regulatory agency personnel
- Possess a strong personal commitment to safety
- Able to lead, manage and motivate employees to create ownership of safety, production and quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; AutoCAD experience a plus
This position will supervise up to 30 direct reports.
This job operates frequently in an operations and maintenance environment in an underground mine location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which may require long hours and weekend work.
Occasional travel will be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled