Customer Service Coordinator
Under the direction of the Manager of Transportation & Logistics, the Customer Service Representative receives customer orders and coordinates activities of multiple cement & aggregate shipping facilities, including rail movements, scheduling orders to specific jobsites to fulfill customer needs. Works closely with Marketing/Sales as well as dispatch team to provide customer service and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction with all aspects of services and products delivered. Also includes graphical analyses of sales volumes, customer materials volumes, and follows up to sales calls.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and open communications with customers, contract haulers, and fellow employees including production, administration, and sales.
- Set-up new dispatch orders for customers and places add-on products to existing orders.
- Respond to customer requests through verbal and/or written communications.
- Answer all incoming customer calls.
- Research freight costs to targeted areas for job bids and customer quotes.
- Maintain communication with sales and production teams on incoming product orders.
- Receive material specifications etc. and review for correct application.
- Analyze customer job specifications and assist customers with material recommendations as required.
- Evaluate incoming material specifications to ensure compliance with ASTM.
- Prepare and maintain graphical analysis of product sales data including customer materials consumption by product, sales volumes, production volumes etc. Prepare special presentation materials as required.
- Prepare all freight invoices that are sent in for payment daily by verifying signatures, correct copies of tickets, freight rate and calculate invoices.
- Research and correct tickets that are billed to wrong customers or customer tickets showing wrong material.
- Complete transmittal forms for the “sales delivery tickets” that pertain to each area of business and product or service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A./B.S. degree in a related field from an accredited university or college preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in cement, aggregates, ready mix, or energy related industries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be able to work independently and with little supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of ASTM, API and DOT standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of shipping areas.
- Must have proficient computer skills and experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to research/analyze customer needs information and process correctly.
- Must be able to recognize different types of material.
- Must be able to maintain focus under heavy workloads. Must be able to multitask in a stressful environment with numerous interruptions and conflicting demands.
- Knowledge of Quality Control procedures relating to oil well cements aggregate materials strongly preferred.
- Must be able to perform calculations related to pricing, freight rates, cash sales, inventory, material volumes, weights and basic geometry.
- Must be able to read and interpret materials specifications and evaluate Martin Marietta product family for most appropriate application/solution.
- Must be available for overtime as required including weekends as well as possible shift-work.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry product samples, ticket boxes and other supplies weighing up to approximately 50 pounds and carry 10 feet.
- Must be able to communicate clearly on telephone and two way radio.
- Must be able to use office equipment including PC, adding machine, fax machine, printers, etc. for up to 12 hours per day.
- Must be able to walk on uneven and / or slippery ground.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day for extended periods.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled