Inside Sales Representative
This position consists of, but not limited to, being responsible for sales of construction aggregates in the San Antonio area. Will establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers as well as assist customers in understanding, selection, and use of materials. Effectively administer customer quotations and order entry, sales reports, backlogs, collection of accounts receivable, and overall customer experience. Work closely with sales audit personnel regarding invoicing, credit and re-bills and month end reporting. Work closely with distribution channels and the customers to ensure product availability. The Inside Sales Representative will work with Outside Sales Representatives and Sales Manager to ensure maximum market penetration at best possible price, making every effort to develop strategies for growth in new markets and customers. This position will be based out of the Central Texas District Office located in San Antonio, TX.
Looking for someone who is eager & ready to learn, enthusiastic, and ready to start a new career!
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business, construction management or related discipline preferred.
- 1 years of sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Solid knowledge of construction materials and their application/use and specifications preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills; independent and self-disciplined, with ability to work proactively and productively both as a sole contributor and in a small team environment
- Experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) software a plus
- Experience working with Department of Transportation DOT and the Federal Railroad Administration a plus.
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new applications
Core Competencies, Critical Success Factors & Job Related Characteristics (preferred, not required):
- Industry Knowledge – basic knowledge of how customer uses our products (i.e. pavement bases, concrete plants, asphalt plants, etc.) and basic knowledge of aggregate plant processing, quality control, products, and dispatch functions
- Interpersonal Communication Skills –excellent verbal/written to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Technology Capabilities - proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internal systems (i.e. CRM - salesforce.com, etc.)
- Reliability - Self-starter with excellent planning and administrative skills; excellent time management skills
- Ethics and integrity – comply with best practices; and strict compliance with the Company’s Ethics policy and Code of Conduct
- Financial – Knowledge regarding pricing strategies, sales forecasting and ability to achieve objectives/key performance indicators (DSO, profit, ASP, tonnage, repeat business, new customers, etc.)
- Forecasting – assists Area/District Sales Manager in preparing timely and accurate reports, data and forecasts; work with operations staff regarding inventory, production, etc.,
- Customer Service – Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Safety – compliance with the Company’s Safe Driver Policy; adhere to safety regulations (state, federal, company ) while on site and attend and speak at plant safety meetings
Most time is spent in an office environment with periodic visits to quarry locations and off-site visits with customers. Ability to work overtime and travel for training, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled