Electrical Maintenance Manager
The Manager of the Electrical Department is directly responsible for the safety, maintenance, repairs, planning, design, and implementation of various projects, equipment changes, systems redesigns, etc., of electrical equipment. This position will support the Central Texas District including San Antonio, Hondo, Uvalde, New Braunfels, and Austin area locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and/or directs the design of electrical production and control equipment, lighting equipment, communication equipment and cost estimates thereof.
- Coordinates the design of new facilities and/or revisions to existing facilities with other engineering management personnel to ensure a smooth integration into the system.
- Prepares plans and/or specifications for construction of electrical equipment.
- Assists the purchasing department in the acquisition of electrical equipment and material, and in contracting procedures where required for electrical construction, maintenance or services.
- Supervises, inspects, troubleshoot, and performs electrical construction, maintenance and services to ensure that work is completed in accordance with plans, specifications, and applicable codes.
- Establishes repair and preventive maintenance schedules to efficiently service operations, and procures contract assistance where required to do so.
- Assists with preventative maintenance.
- Reviews and approves electrical requirements for capital expenditure requests.
- Provides advice and technical guidance on all matters relating to electrical equipment.
- Coordinates with power suppliers their rates, services, and reliability.
- Coordinates electrical energy conservation updates with all levels of management and develops programs/training for improvement
- Advises management regarding advances in electrical technology to improve production and safety.
- Provides strategy, sourcing, and management of contracted electrical employees.
- Ensure availability of critical spare parts for the electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Understands electrical circuit diagrams/schematics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the District Production Manager.
- Attention to Safety
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Communication (Oral and Written)
- Support of team members
- Project Management
- Self - Motivated
- Attention to detail
- Organizational Skill
- Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
- 7-12 years of experience in an electrical maintenance role.
- Project management, installation and capital project experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills; proven track record for creating employee ownership of safety, quality and production.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; good planning skills.
- Experience with material handling and process design systems; knowledge of crushing and conveyor equipment required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent report writing; proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Valid Driver's License and ability to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk on all types of surfaces (uneven and/or slippery ground)
- Climb stairs and ladders as high as 100 feet in elevation
- Ability to walk long distances, climb ladders, stairs, stoop and crawl under and into enclosed spaces
- Visual acuity, speech & hearing, hand & eye coordination
- Manual dexterity to operate equipment and use basic hand tools
- Walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting to perform the essential functions of this production labor position
This position will be responsible for managing electrical service technicians and contractors.
This job operates 80% of the time visiting plants. 20% of the time will be in a professional office environment at Martin Marietta. Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain high humidity, and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights. May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled