Under the immediate direction of the Division Credit Manager, the Credit Assistant is responsible for the overall administrative support for the Credit Department.
- Coordinates and follows established guidelines in processing credit applications.
- Gathers, compiles and maintains basic credit information on account portfolio including the exchange of such information for credit reference purposes.
- Contact new customers daily via the telephone, fax, e-mail and written correspondence.
- Administers the customer credit card process and follows strict guidelines regarding data protection.
- Processes bond and lien notifications according to state regulations.
- Supports the lien release and waiver process as necessary.
- Processes customer letters for credit approval/rejection, payment demand and for NSF checks.
- Coordinates new account set-up with corporate office.
- Follows strict procedures regarding lock-box check processing.
- Prepares and distributes various credit and ad hoc monthly reports.
- Maintains working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Duties and tasks are routine and reflect variety and moderate complexity
- Maintains and protects confidential records, files and documentation.
- Schedules meetings, seminars, lunches and other functions for the Credit Department.
- Various other duties as assigned by management.
- High school or GED required
- Associates Degree preferred
- In lieu of an Associates’ Degree, a minimum of five years’ experience in a construction related commercial credit environment is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and working experience in credit scoring, preferably Experian or High Radius software.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Position requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work tasks
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic level accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, software packages and systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service both internally and externally.
- Work requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work requires a sense of urgency to achieve expectations.
- Must display the initiative to resolve moderately complex credit problems.
- Must be a Texas Notary or willing to obtain Notary status.
Physical requirements include lifting/carrying up to 5 pounds from ground to waist is required, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity, repetitive motion, standing, sitting (must be able to set for extended periods of time up to 8 hours), walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, client/customer contact, squatting to perform the essential functions.
This position will work in a standard office setting and may occasionally observe locations outdoors possibly two times a year. (in all weather conditions heat, cold, wet, humid, dry and/or dusty conditions).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled