The ideal candidate will have strong mechanical skills, be flexible on schedules, and be results-oriented. You will be challenged to repair and maintain quarry processing equipment. Primary responsibilities may include repairs to crushing, screening, conveying, dredging, and pumping equipment.
- Conduct a complete pre-and post-shift safety inspection on all equipment used.
- Observe all regulatory requirements specified by federal and state.
- Report unsafe conditions, accidents, or incidents immediately to the maintenance foreman or management team.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all company safety policies and initiatives.
- Ability to perform high levels of maintenance and servicing on plant independently or within a team.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, high temperature settings, and over water.
- Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe fashion.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate man-lift, forklift.
- Ability to diagnose and adjust equipment for optimum performance.
- Inspect, check, and maintain lubrication levels related to plant equipment.
- Ability to perform welding, torching, and intermediate steel fabrication. (Pre-Employment test will be conducted)
- Ability to perform repair and maintenance on conveyor systems consisting of: installing/replacing bearings, speed reducers, shafts, pulleys, idlers, motors, couplings, etc.
- Ability to perform repair and maintenance on crushing systems consisting of: changing dies/liners, bearings, bushings, cylinders, rams, springs, etc.
- Ability to perform repair and maintenance on essential processing equipment consisting of: material feeders, pumps, and hydraulic systems.
- Proficiently work with outside contractors on critical repair and maintenance projects.
- Must own basic essential tools needed for repair work and welding.
- This position will work the 2nd shift starting at 11am.
- High school diploma required.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure.
- Basic computer skills.
- Language skills – Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to conduct one on one and small group conversations for information sharing. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a positive.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in mining or heavy construction environment preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working on equipment maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations, specifically OSHA and MSHA.
- CCO Certified – TLL, TSS, BTF, STC designations a positive.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Safety oriented individual with a clear safety track record.
- Flexibility with work hours mandatory. Must be readily available during major downtime issues. Normal work week consisting of 6 days.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., walk, stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crawl, climb and descend ladders and stairs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled