Senior Member Service Representative
Serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Responsible for providing accurate account information and professionally handling members’ daily credit union needs. Provide a variety of transaction services for members, including but not limited to: proper receiving and handling of deposits, checks and payments, processing withdrawals and cashing checks for members. Opens new Member accounts, educates Members regarding products and services and how they may meet financial needs, and performs Collection Activity. The Senior Member Service Representative assists in mentoring staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Represent the credit union to members in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union products or policies.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, resolving issues, and/or directing them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance. May handle more complex questions and problems for other Member Service Representatives.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files, and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Process, close, and disburse loans.
- Conduct orientation interviews on credit union services and programs with each new credit union member.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and/or review of member’s account. Actively cross-sell products.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Member Service Representatives. Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Assist members in opening individual retirement accounts.
- Performs Collection activity.
- Mentors other staff as called upon.
- Provides support by acting as a SME during training presentations and assist in reviewing documentation (manuals, job aids, handouts, etc.) as needed.
- Provide exceptional member service to our members.
- Abide by all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Actively promote and cross-sell credit union products and services.
- Maintain accuracy in conducting drawer transactions.
- Provide a professional role model for other staff in the branch.
- Effectively mentors staff as called upon.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the products and services offered by Marine CU.
- Knowledge of check and cash transactions, cash handling, vault procedures.
- Knowledge of loan payments, money orders and travelers checks.
- Schedule flexibility, including opening/closing of the office.
- Knowledge of payroll deduction, direct deposit and share transfer.
- Knowledge of the stop payment and wire transfer processes.
- Ability to prepare Currency Transaction Reports(CTRs) and Suspicious Activity Reports(SARs).
- Knowledge of Deposit Boxes and stop payment processes.
- Ability to mentor and provide a positive role model for other branch staff.
- Schedule flexibility, including opening/closing of branch and Saturday work.
- 2+ years of experience working with the public in face-to-face customer service environments.
- Experience of cash handling, check payments.
- 1+ year of previous Banking experience.
- Experience working in a role requiring customer service problem solving activity.
- Previous experience in a sales-oriented role requiring set, external goals to be met.
- Previous experience in a role where mentoring of others was conducted is preferable.
- Vault procedure and branch opening/closing experience.
Education:High school diploma desired
Interpersonal Skills:Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for the purposes of giving or obtaining information, which may require some discussion. Strong customer service, rapport building, and problem solving skills required. The ability to manage conflict effectively and mentor others is also required.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.