Responsible for daily contact of past due MCU relationships, with a focus on problem resolution, minimizing losses and maximizing relationships for Marine Credit Union. CDRs must ensure a high level of service to our members and adhere to strict compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations relating to credit and collections.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact daily assigned collection routes and continue until worked to completing
- Document relationships and problem resolutions using the quality collection principles
- Develop and implements strategies to fully resolve past due balances.
- Research and skip trace of past due members in order to make contact
- Strict adherence to all regulatory and legal compliance with Federal and State credit and collection laws.
- Identify delinquent accounts and establish priorities for taking action to repossess, foreclose, and take possession of collateral security in order to reduce losses.
- Mail legal documents and notices in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Audit repossession documents for completeness and accuracy, and identify trends and issues.
- Monitor bankruptcy payments and initiate modification according to MCU policy & procedures.
- Effectively liaise with regional, district and branch managers on collection activities.
- Ensure each member is treated with dignity and respect and receives quality member service.
- Represent MCU in litigation related to collection activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
- Abide by all applicable Marine Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Build professional working relationships with MCU employees and external vendors.
- Continually seek functional process improvements.
- Successfully execute on work priorities as directed by Executive Management.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year knowledge of effective Collection experience required including repossession, judgement and garnishment, preferably in a credit union or retail bank.
- In depth knowledge of current federal and state rules and regulations regarding credit and collection activities.
- Experience working in a process-oriented environment with importance placed on attention to detail.
- Previous consumer lending experience is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in business related field is preferred but not required.