Business Unit: Thermal Solutions (HBU)
Description: Plans, coordinates, and directs a quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison between engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and supplier regarding quality issues.
- Monitor supplier quality through weekly and monthly ppm reports – request and obtain corrective actions per these quality spills.
- Analyze daily component quality issues-disposition MRN and initiate CAN’s per these issues.
- Communicate with customers on quality issues / concerns and coordinate a timely resolution to these issues thorough corrective actions and countermeasures.
- Prepare and submit PPAP / ANPQP documentation to customers.
- Conduct defect analysis and facilitate the root cause determination and countermeasure submission.
- Surveys potential new suppliers; determines potential supplier’s ability to meet quality standards.
- Direct technical and administrative workers involved in quality assurance activities.
- Apply statistical process control and gauge R & R methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Review and analyze supplier PPAP’s and quality issues.
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve product quality
- Communicate with suppliers regarding current Marelli manufacturing issues and scrap.
- Communicates frequently with internal and external contacts on various issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Desired Engineering degree (desired Mechanical, Aerospace, Production)
- Minimum 03 years Quality department (automotive/ aerospace industry)
- Desired IATF 16949 internal auditor certification
- SAP system experience