We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition. Trusted by more than 1,300 global businesses, our products deliver unmatched value in data integration and connectivity and in process analytics and automation. Our relentless focus on customer satisfaction is why 1,300 global enterprises choose Magnitude to maximize their ERP investment – on-prem and in the cloud – to turn data into insight and insight into action. For more information, please visit magnitude.com.
Magnitude Software is a leading provider of software solutions for the Enterprise Information Management market. Our Magnitude Software family of solutions dramatically accelerates time-to-value for your Enterprise Information Management needs including query, reporting, analysis, and master data management for enterprise Applications, with a low total cost of ownership. We’re busy evolving the way people and organizations manage information. Our technologies help companies access and analyse their data no matter where it resides-all from a single point of entry. The Magnitude Software integrated suite of products is designed to boost productivity by empowering end users and decision makers with secure access to the right data at the right time, allowing them to easily build their own custom reports and make timely decisions.
With over 600 customers worldwide including: British Telecom, Emerson, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Toshiba and Xerox, the Magnitude family of products has established a leadership position in the Enterprise Information Management.
Brief about the team/BU/ about Product– where candidate will be part of.
Customers with whom they will closely work with/ Supporting on ..
The “Data Connectivity” team of Magnitude is responsible for building standards-based data access products for relational and multi-dimensional data-sources. From Cloud to On-Premise, from SQL to NoSQL, we develop high-performing and high-volume data access solutions to make it easy for users to create their dream products. We build Connectors and adapters for RDBMS (ODBC, JDBC for Sql Server, MySQL, Oracle, Netezza, PostgreSQL, Redshift) and Cloud Application (ODBC, JDBC Drivers for cloud ERPs) and Big Data stores. These data-connectivity products are used by many of the world’s leading companies including big-data and business-intelligence vendors like Microsoft, Qlik, RStudio, Tableau... We are rapidly expanding and need aspiring top-tier software developers to join our product development team.
We are looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer for our software development team. Apart from writing high quality code, you will be responsible for key deliverables during your team’s software development lifecycle including software design, code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will also be writing low-level C and C++ code for connectivity solutions.
- Driving Sprint Planning and breakdown of tasks.
- Contributing to performance testing & various continuous improvement efforts.
- Strong OS, Data structure and Algorithms fundamentals
- Strong hold on object-oriented programming concepts and their implementation through C++.
- Experience developing database technologies extremely valuable
- Experience with low-level C and networking is desired, but not necessary.
- Experience programming database APIs such as ODBC and using database tools strongly preferred
- Experience using BI tools such Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Lumira desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience using any memory and performance profiling tools is required
- Experience working with Agile methodology i.e Participating in all team activities, including sprint retrospectives, thoughtful code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, status reporting for project stakeholders, etc
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of related experience or Master’s degree with a minimum 3 years of related experience or Equivalent work experience
- Programming experience including but not limited to C++ technologies
- A good understanding of database concepts (e.g. working with relational data sources such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and SQL queries
- Experience with such products and tools as Bamboo (Atlassian), Visual Studio Online, Visual Studio, and/or Azure is helpful.
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Development experience on a range of operating system platforms such as Windows ( mandatory ) , Linux, and OS X desirable.
Magnitude Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.