Engineering Manager – ODBC/JDBC drivers
We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition. Trusted by more than 1,300 global businesses, our products deliver unmatched value in data integration and connectivity and in process analytics and automation. Our relentless focus on customer satisfaction is why 1,300 global enterprises choose Magnitude to maximize their ERP investment – on-prem and in the cloud – to turn data into insight and insight into action. For more information, please visit magnitude.com.
Magnitude Software is a leading provider of software solutions for the Enterprise Information Management market. Our Magnitude Software family of solutions dramatically accelerates time-to-value for your Enterprise Information Management needs including query, reporting, analysis, and master data management for enterprise Applications, with a low total cost of ownership. We’re busy evolving the way people and organizations manage information. Our technologies help companies access and analyze their data no matter where it resides-all from a single point of entry. The Magnitude Software integrated suite of products is designed to boost productivity by empowering end users and decision makers with secure access to the right data at the right time, allowing them to easily build their own custom reports and make timely decisions.With over 600 customers worldwide including: British Telecom, Emerson, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Toshiba and Xerox, the Magnitude family of products has established a leadership position in the Enterprise Information Management.
Magnitude Software is looking for the best and brightest talent to join our software engineering team, working on novel data management products..
We are looking for candidates with:
- A passion for high quality software engineering and technology
- An interest in working on large-scale data challenges across different technologies
- Strong educational credentials
- Drive and ambition to achieve, thrive, and succeed
- Likes to solve challenges in connectivity space which offer mostly desktop system software experience
Analyzes, designs, develops and documents commercial software products
- Work on the research, development, testing, and maintenance of new and existing odbc and jdbc drivers
- Demonstrates high aptitude in a variety of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Take ownership of development work through to delivery, including fully automated testing of components
- Provides technical support to project team members. Participate in design and code reviews
- Manages the team as a supervisor and mentor to accomplish engineering tasks and objectives. Will perform team leadership for a team of engineers
- Sets goals and measures against the goals.
- Changes the processes and upskills the team as need arises.
Desired Skills and Experience:
10 -12 years of experience designing and building software. At least 4 years in management is required
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC is a must. Agile certification is an added advantage.
- Our product suite is built using a diverse set of programming languages and technologies. More than just a great coder, we are looking for someone with flexibility and the ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies. Ability to learn and move to different stack as the project demands is a must. All our mangers are hands on and participate in all the stages of SDLC.
- Experience in Java, C++ and SQL is a must. Knowledge of Java is an added advantage.
- Experience in protocols, specifications, drivers will be an added advantage
- Experience developing in the Microsoft technology stack desirable
- A good understanding of Win32, Unix odbc environments will be an added advantage.
- A Bachelors degree or higher, in a computing-related discipline
- A good understanding of the processes involved in commercial software product development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment, and makes reaching team goals the highest priority
- A self-starter who can recognize impediments and finds ways to overcome them
- Ability to work with stake holders from North America