Senior Software Engineer
We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition. Trusted by more than 1,300 global businesses, our products deliver unmatched value in data integration and connectivity and in process analytics and automation. Our relentless focus on customer satisfaction is why 1,300 global enterprises choose Magnitude to maximize their ERP investment – on-prem and in the cloud – to turn data into insight and insight into action. For more information, please visit magnitude.com.
Magnitude Software is a leading provider of software solutions for the Enterprise Information Management market. Our Magnitude Software family of solutions dramatically accelerates time-to-value for your Enterprise Information Management needs including query, reporting, analysis, and master data management for enterprise Applications, with a low total cost of ownership. We’re busy evolving the way people and organizations manage information. Our technologies help companies access and analyse their data no matter where it resides-all from a single point of entry. The Magnitude Software integrated suite of products is designed to boost productivity by empowering end users and decision makers with secure access to the right data at the right time, allowing them to easily build their own custom reports and make timely decisions.
With over 600 customers worldwide including: British Telecom, Emerson, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Toshiba and Xerox, the Magnitude family of products has established a leadership position in the Enterprise Information Management.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Developer for a product engineering team. Apart from writing superlative code, you will be responsible for key deliverables during your team’s software development lifecycle including excellent software designs, top quality code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to make a difference
- BE / B. Tech or Masters in Computer Science, from a premier institute.
- 7+ years commercial software development.
- 5+ years of Java advanced software development experience, with concurrent (multi-threaded) programming highly desirable
- Strong working experience with Java Core and advance.
- Strong Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Strong desire to master additional mainstream programming languages such as C++.
- Excellent understanding of database theory such as relational algebra and database transactions
- Experience leading major feature designs using tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Experience programming database APIs such as JDBC and using database tools strongly preferred
- Experience mentoring team members / juniors
- Experience using BI tools such Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Lumira
- Experience using Java memory and performance profiling tools desirable
- Development experience on multiple JVM platforms on a range of operating system platforms such as Windows, Linux, and OS X desirable
- Experience with other languages such as C# desirable
- Experience working with Agile methodology
Magnitude Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.