Magnitude’s transformative approach to unified application data management delivers vast operational efficiencies to business application data access, management, analytics, and reporting for the modern enterprise. Magnitude’s portfolio of products includes simplified application data access to any data source; data management solutions for the SAP and commerce verticals; simplified master data harmonization and governance; and packaged application analytics and reporting solutions for SAP and Oracle. The company helps thousands of business users simplify the management of their data and deliver on the substantial productivity gains these applications originally promised. For more information, please visit www.magnitude.com
We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT Team.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be part of a global infrastructure team responsible for designing, developing, maintaining & supporting global cloud and on-premises infrastructure. This role will act as the Level 3 escalation point for operational support which can take up to 20% of utilization, with 80% of the time focusing on infrastructure improvement & upgrade projects.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including AD, servers (Windows, Unix, Linux), virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, Docker), Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, GCP), & storage systems (NetApp, PureStorage, HP StorageWorks).
- Maintain policies and standard procedures for all IT services and Support Desk.
- Manage relationships and projects with consultants and managed service vendors.
- Help prepare and maintain departmental budgets.
- Ensure system upgrades or modifications are made with minimal downtime or disruption of service by planning, automation, and thorough testing.
- Ensure SLA requirements are clearly defined and consistently being met and comply with defined RTO and RPO.
- Identifying, documenting, and creation of the appropriate administrative processes and procedures for all critical infrastructure.
- Track and control IT assets throughout their life-cycle, including inventory, preventative maintenance, and replacement.
- Accountable for the project plan, scope, budget, risk, issue and resource management.
- Accountable for delivery of all in-scope project activities.
- Provides inputs into resource planning and skills development gaps to deliver on future requirements
- Provides oversight on Service Delivery and Department Process Improvement
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum eight years of relevant work experience
- Computer Systems Technology diploma/degree, University Degree, or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure environments.
- Experience managing AWS Control Tower.
- Experience building and maintaining solutions with Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Excellent customer service, listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Windows-based system administration in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Experience managing and improving infrastructure, operations, and services.
- Experience managing service in a cloud-centric architecture.
- Experience leading customer service function in a fast-paced, multi-project and multi-customer IT environment.
- Experience with incident and change management.
- Commitment to high-quality standards, striving continually for improvement.
- MCSA, MCSE, VCP, ITIL v3 Foundation are all preferred qualifications for this role.
Magnitude Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.