Senior C++ Software Developer
Simba Technologies, a division of Magnitude Software, is the industry’s source for standards-based relational data connectivity solutions. Having co-developed the ODBC specification with Microsoft in 1992, Simba has become the de-facto standard technology stack for ISVs to use when building their drivers. Our reputation as a connectivity pioneer has made us the partner of choice for innovative enterprise data connectivity solutions, literally, tens of millions of business professionals use our software every day.
This is an exciting time to join the company. Already the market leader, Simba is rapidly expanding its solutions to address the new and emerging database technologies such as Block Chain, Time Series, Graph and others as the market defines and embraces new technologies. Simba’s latest customers read like a who’s who of the Big Data, Hadoop, and NoSQL worlds including companies like Alteryx, Cloudera, DataStax, Google, Informatica, Hortonworks, MapR, Microsoft, SAP, and Teradata. Simba’s ODBC and JDBC drivers are the most widely used for connecting BI, reporting, analytics, and machine learning tools to data sources like Cassandra, Google BigQuery, Hive, Impala, and MongoDB. Every major Hadoop distribution, including Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, and Microsoft, has independently chosen Simba’s ODBC drivers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer for a customer-facing team within our product engineering group. Apart from writing high-quality code, you will be responsible for key deliverables during your team’s software development lifecycle including software design, code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will develop and maintain connectivity solutions by leading a team of developers to accomplish engineering tasks and objectives. This includes:
- Working closely with our development team and directly with the customer
- Leading development from inception to delivery, including fully automated testing of components
- Championing coding standards and best practices for quality engineering
- Driving technical specifications and design/architecture documentation
- Contributing to performance testing & various continuous improvement efforts
- Promoting defined coding standards and best practices
- Articulating technical concepts to the customer and responding directly to support representatives
- Efficiently resolving customer support issues
- Leading all team activities, including sprint retrospectives, thoughtful code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, status reporting for project stakeholders, etc.
- Performing release activities, including participating in security reviews and writing clear and understandable documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in a computing-related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in designing and building software, preferably commercial enterprise applications or systems
- Programming experience with a focus on C++ - familiarity with other languages such as C, C#, Java is a plus
- Experience with low-level networking is desired, but not required
- A good understanding of object-oriented analysis, design, and implementation
- A good understanding of database concepts (e.g. working with relational data sources such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and SQL queries
- Experience with such products and tools as Bamboo (Atlassian), Visual Studio, AWS, and/or Azure is helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for high-quality software engineering and technology
- Reliable, driven, and eager to learn
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
** To be considered, applicants should reside within commutable distance to Vancouver, and have a valid Canadian work permit.**