Managed Services Consultant
We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition. Trusted by more than 1,300 global businesses, our products deliver unmatched value in data integration and connectivity and in process analytics and automation. Our relentless focus on customer satisfaction is why 1,300 global enterprises choose Magnitude to maximize their ERP investment – on-prem and in the cloud – to turn data into insight and insight into action. For more information, please visit magnitude.com.
Magnitude Software is a leading provider of software solutions for the Enterprise Information Management market. Our Magnitude Software family of solutions dramatically accelerates time-to-value for your Enterprise Information Management needs including query, reporting, analysis, and master data management for enterprise Applications, with a low total cost of ownership. We’re busy evolving the way people and organizations manage information. Our technologies help companies access and analyse their data no matter where it resides-all from a single point of entry. The Magnitude Software integrated suite of products is designed to boost productivity by empowering end users and decision makers with secure access to the right data at the right time, allowing them to easily build their own custom reports and make timely decisions.
With over 600 customers worldwide including: British Telecom, Emerson, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Toshiba and Xerox, the Magnitude family of products has established a leadership position in the Enterprise Information Management.
Our company is seeking a talented, driven Managed Services Consultant to join our Managed Services team in Hyderabad, India. If you are innovative, have a passion for technology and want to play an integral part of a growing market in Enterprise Information Management, Magnitude Software is where you want to be!
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability in production support, deployment and development of solutions, the capacity, persistence, and drive to learn complex systems, solve challenging problems, the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, and possess excellent written communications and presentation skills.
Job Requirement - Core Deliverables and Responsibilities:
A self-motivated individual desiring to play an integral part of a growing market in Enterprise Information Management, as a member of our Managed Services team, you will concentrate initially on Production Support for a wide variety of Magnitude Customers. This will involve working with the technology of EBS, SAP and JD Edwards ERP Systems as they relate to the Noetix, RapidDecision, EveryAngle and SourceConnect families of Magnitude products. After training, you will become involved in performing complete upgrade project lifecycles, installing and configuring software, development of new enhancements and extensions to customer systems, including development of business data retrieval strategy and process definition, query and report development, and documentation creation; all in a remote capacity.
- Technical – essential:
- Knowledge of Data warehouse concepts
- 2 – 5 years working experience with an ETL tool, ideally SAP Business Objects Data Services (BODS)
- Understanding concepts of Data movement i.e. CDC, replication, and batch.
- Ability to understand and write complex SQL code
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with multiple DBMS’s (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- Additional technical areas – not essential but will be advantageous:
- Experience with one or more BI Solutions and Reporting Tools – Business Objects, Oracle OBIEE, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems (JDE, Oracle EBS, etc.). Detailed functional knowledge of one or more modules within any ERP system will be an added advantage
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA
- Non-Technical - essential
- Must have experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in a technical support, application management or professional services role.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Client interaction with exposure to onsite/offshore model is added advantage.
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self‐training.
- Will be located at the Hyderabad, India office.
- Note that for the immediate future all Magnitude offices are closed due to COVID-19. Candidates must therefore be able to work from a home office and have good connectivity from this location. We do not expect to re-open offices until mid-2021 at the earliest.
- Working hours: Standard shift is 1 PM-10 PM IST time. After completion of training and probationary period, cover for early shift (6:30am – 2:30am IST) and some weekend on-call cover will be required as part of a rotation.
- Bachelors degree, Computer Science or Information Systems focus preferred.
Magnitude Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.