Senior Software Engineer
(Senior) Software Engineer – 5 + yrs of experience
Magnitude Software is looking for the best and brightest talent to join our software engineering team
working on our AGILITY suite of products in the Bangalore office. Magnitude’s Agility product is one of the leading
global solutions for Product Information Management software with customers and partners in Europe,
Asia, North and South America and recognized in both a Forrester ‘Wave’ and a Gartner ‘Magic Quadrant’.
Attributes to be successful in this role:
- A passion for high quality software engineering and technology.
- Experience writing great commercial application software.
- Drive and ambition to achieve, thrive, and succeed.
- Work in ambiguous environment
- Technically gifted software engineer that works well with others to solve difficult problems.
- Engineer that can adapt quickly to change and has ability to rapidly master new software
- languages and technologies.
- Strong training and educational credentials.
- Develop and maintain components of the AGILITY product suite.
- Take ownership of development from inception to delivery, including fully automated testing of components. Develops code, develops test cases, automates test cases, Participates in bug bashes
- Adhere to defined coding standards and best practices.
- Owns quality, actively reviews design and code
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in designing and building software, preferably commercial enterprise applications or systems.
- Programming experience including but not limited to Java technologies (Java 8/Enterprise, EJB3, Servlets, Spring Framework/Boot, JAXB, JUnit, XML, JSON) – React.js, jquery are added advantage. Full stack web development on Java stack experience is required to own this product.
- A good understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation.
- RDBMS experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle, Proficient in SQL queries and programming
- Experience with Enterprise Application Servers such as: Redhat WildFly, Oracle Weblogic, IBM Websphere.
- A Bachelor’s or above in a computing-related discipline
- A good understanding of the processes involved in commercial software product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, and makes reaching team goals the highest priority.
- A self-starter who can recognize impediments and finds ways to overcome them.
- Reliable, driven and eager to learn; passionate about technology and software.