Director Product Development
We believe data is the fuel that powers the modern enterprise. Our mission is to help companies shorten the path from data to decision and empower customers to out-think and out-perform the competition. Trusted by more than 1,300 global businesses, our products deliver unmatched value in data integration and connectivity and in process analytics and automation. Our relentless focus on customer satisfaction is why 1,300 global enterprises choose Magnitude to maximize their ERP investment – on prem and in the cloud – to turn data into insight and insight into action. For more information, please visit magnitude.com.
Magnitude Software is a leading provider of software solutions for the Enterprise Information Management market. Our Magnitude Software family of solutions dramatically accelerates time-to-value for your Enterprise Information Management needs including query, reporting, analysis, and master data management for enterprise Applications, with a low total cost of ownership. We’re busy evolving the way people and organizations manage information. Our technologies help companies access and analyse their data no matter where it resides-all from a single point of entry. The Magnitude Software integrated suite of products is designed to boost productivity by empowering end users and decision makers with secure access to the right data at the right time, allowing them to easily build their own custom reports and make timely decisions.
With over 600 customers worldwide including: British Telecom, Emerson, Merrill Lynch, Motorola, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Toshiba and Xerox, the Magnitude family of products has established a leadership position in the Enterprise Information Management
Magnitude software is looking for a “hands on” leader for the product development team based in Hyderabad. As the Director of Product Development, you will lead, direct, manage, and participate in the day-to-day operations of a team of software developers, content developers, quality engineers and product. You will manage the operational aspects of the software development teams to ensure business and product\project objectives are met. You will be interfacing with support as needed to handle prioritize and handle any escalations. You will provide administrative, technical, and people leadership for multiple, diverse teams. You will be responsible for providing feedback to the team and individuals on their performance. You will coach and guide teams to enable future success.
- Lead the development team members to ensure delivered solutions adhere to the software architecture strategy, coding standards, and established organizational policies and procedures.
- Participating in software architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement to delivery capabilities
- Contribute to the overall product strategy, including architecture process definition and development
- Ensure a mature repeatable development process that delivers enterprise class products, on time, with the committed functionality
- Ensure engineering team is trained and skilled with the proper tools needed to deliver modern & high-quality enterprise software solutions
- Actively work to build & mentor highly motivated, enthusiastic & skilled software engineering team
- Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e. hires, trains, goal settings, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary).
The Skills You Bring
- At least 8-10 years of experience in leading software development teams or projects.
- Excellent knowledge of software development design and experience with agile development methodologies.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making and communication skills.
- Good understanding of Incident Management, Configuration Management, Operational efficiency and Customer Management preferred.
- Responsible for supervision of software developments teams and processes.
- Coach and mentor software developer, develop staff skills, provide continuous feedback and responsible for annual reviews
- Lead and manage direct reports and set clear goals and objectives
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
- Overall 15+ Years At Least 8 years of experience with Microsoft development platform for backend and web applications (.NET framework, .NET core, ASP.net)
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP software – SAP or Oracle E-Business
- Knowledge of networking, API’s, and ETL tooling and processes.
- Experience with building high volume, high performance, scalable enterprise applications
- Experience with cloud/hosted/ SaaS solutions.
Magnitude Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.