C++ Software Developer
Simba Technologies, a division of Magnitude Software, is the industry’s source for standards-based relational data connectivity solutions. Having co-developed the ODBC specification with Microsoft in 1992, Simba has become the de-facto standard technology stack for ISVs to use when building their drivers. Our reputation as a connectivity pioneer has made us the partner of choice for innovative enterprise data connectivity solutions, literally, tens of millions of business professionals use our software every day.
This is an exciting time to join the company. Already the market leader, Simba is rapidly expanding its solutions to address the new and emerging database technologies such as Block Chain, Time Series, Graph and others as the market defines and embraces new technologies. Simba’s latest customers read like a who’s who of the Big Data, Hadoop, and NoSQL worlds including companies like Alteryx, Cloudera, DataStax, Google, Informatica, Hortonworks, MapR, Microsoft, SAP and Teradata. Simba’s ODBC and JDBC drivers are the most widely used for connecting BI, reporting, analytics and machine learning tools to data sources like Cassandra, Google BigQuery, Hive, Impala, and MongoDB. Every major Hadoop distribution, including Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, and Microsoft, have independently chosen Simba’s ODBC drivers.
We are looking for a C++ Software Developer for a customer-facing team within our engineering services group in Vancouver. Apart from writing high quality code, you will be responsible for key deliverables during your team’s software development lifecycle including software design, code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, solving problems and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will get to work on different platforms, learn new tools and expand your skills in a friendly team environment that supports you.
You will develop and maintain connectivity solutions by working with a team of developers to accomplish engineering tasks and objectives. This includes:
- Working closely with our development team and directly with the customer
- Work together to deliver product with our automated testing.
- Adhering to defined coding standards and best practices for quality engineering
- Contributing to various continuous improvement efforts
- Articulating technical concepts to the customer and responding directly to support representatives
- Efficiently resolving customer support issues
- Participating in all team activities, including sprint planning, retrospectives, thoughtful code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, status reporting for project stakeholders, etc.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a computing-related discipline
- A minimum of one year of experience with C++
- Experience developing on Windows / Linux / MacOS
- A good understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation
- A good understanding of database concepts (e.g. working with relational data sources such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and SQL queries
- A passion for high quality software engineering and technology
- Reliable, driven and eager to learn
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
***To be considered applicants must reside within commutable distance to Vancouver, and have a valid Canadian work permit.***